Friday, April 20, 2007

Nice idea...

Firstly, an apology. I briefly lost the ability to read yesterday and thus stated that Wales were hoping to co-host Euro 2012...Pro plus bad, stressing over dissertation also bad! I've now corrected the above.

Performance-related pay is an interesting one. Of course, as a football fan I'm sure I'm not alone in getting a little bit annoyed at players' performances. Even at League of Wales level there have been times where one feels that the players "should be earning their wages".

It is frustrating to travel hours to watch your team play with the enthusiasm of a limp cabbage. I'm sure England's cricket fans would agree here having possibly forked out a great deal of money to support their country only to be repaid with pitiful performances.

But, as Alan Boore of the FSF states "It should be on a voluntary basis whereby players who do not think they have played well offer to repay some of their wages."

Stumbling.Block.

Maybe I'm being a tad harsh here but I doubt many footballers will go home racked with guilt about possibly not tracking back enough or any other various type of underperformance. Certainly not enough to even consider giving some of their wages back. Has anybody heard of any instances of this? I'd be interested to know.

Nice concept but I for one cannot see it happening.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to dance around my bound dissertation...

No comments: